Advice for Aussies Living in the USA
If you’re looking to move or have just moved to the USA – temporarily or permanently – our advice section is the place for you. We’re continually working on adding more information and resources to help you prepare for a move to the USA and some important advice for settling in.
Future posts will cover topics such as insurance, credit ratings, taxes, visas, international finance, employment, moving and more.
If you have something to contribute your own experiences as an expat, some questions that you’d like answered or advice for other expats, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Posts in Expat Advice
- Celebrating Australia Day, Stateside
- Adapting to Life as an Expat
- Green Card Lottery Website Now Open, You Have Until November 3 To Enter
- Seven Steps to Prepare For a Job in the USA
- Why Living in NYC Is Not All It’s Cracked Up To Be
- Making Your Move to The USA an Easy One
- 7 Tips for Renting Your Property While Living Overseas
- How to Call Australia from the USA – on the Cheap
- 6 Stress-Busting Tips for Aussies Preparing to Relocate to the USA
More Aussie Resources
Below you’ll find a list of links to Aussie social, professional and non-profit groups in various parts of the USA.
- Advance The largest global network for Australians and friends of Australia around the world
- American Australian Association An non-profit organization with branches in New England, California and New York
- Australians in LA Facebook group for Australians in LA
- Australian American Chamber of Commerce Houston (AACC Houston) An international organization of business and professional persons committed to fostering business relations between the Australia and the United States
- Australians in Washington A group for Australians and friends of Australians living in the Washington DC metropolitan area
- Australians in the USA A network of social media groups for Australians in various states around the USA
- Expats Australia A service for job seekers to search for jobs abroad
- Kiwis and Aussies in Portland Meetup Group – a Meetup group for Kiwis and Aussies in Portland, OR
- Mates Up Over An online forum for Aussie expats, primarily in the USA
- New York City Aussie Expat Meetup Meet up with other Aussie expats in NYC
- OzDenver The place to connect with other Australians and New Zealanders in Denver, Colorado
- South Florida Aussie and Kiwi Club A club for Australians and New Zealanders in South Florida
- The Victorian Connection (USA and Canada) a networking group that connects professional Victorian expatriates, repatriates, alumni and those interested in doing business with Victoria who live outside of Australia
This list is not exhaustive, so if you’d like us to add you, please let us know.